Professor Crenshaw built his 1890 Victorian home across the street from the historic Halliday-Pick House. The Halliday-Pick raised cottage was built before this region gained statehood and remains an historic landmark in the North College Historical District. What is now the Crenshaw Guest House initially served as Crenshaw's personal residence. Soon thereafter, the second floor was added to house university students. For many years, Crenshaw, his wife Willie Ella Glenn, and their two daughters, Mary Glenn and Sarah Hall shared the property with university students.